Conditions of use
Aquascape Awards is an international platform for awarding, promoting & inspiring the world's best aquascapes.
Utilizing this website and associated services requires that you agree to the following conditions of use. If you don't agree then don't use this site. Please contact us for any questions regarding this policy via email:
Aquascape Awards reserves the right to change the conditions of use at any time without notice. This means the onus is on you to revisit these conditions of use if you want to stay up to date with any and all changes over time.
Aquascape Awards accepts content and information from users and is not responsible for copyright issues or inaccuracies. Copyright of all user created content submitted remains the property of the creator.
Your copyright is your copyright however, when you submit an aquascape to Aquascape Awards or comment or supply any content, you are granting Aquascape Awards and his sponsors a worldwide and universal license to promote, publish, reproduce, use, host, store, and modify (changes may be required so your content works with our sizing and other constraints), show to the public, and to be shared by followers of Aquascape Awards or associated services. This license you allocate to Aquascape Awards does not stop if you stop using our services (once it's out there there is no turning back as per the nature of the web). You are responsible for having the permission to license any content submitted to Aquascape Awards.
Aquascape Awards collects the following information and content for the purpose of assessing, awarding and promoting user submissions:
Images of aquascapes, aquascape titles, aquascape descriptions, industries, tags, designer and agency names, email addresses, designer's country, and city details. Special promotions may require further information.
To improve our services we may also ask you to create or provide, or otherwise, collect a user login and password, IP address, time spent on our site, page visited, banner ad clicks, links clicked.
Aquascape Awards is not responsible for information collected by third parties via banner ads or any other external links from our site.
WE DO NOT SELL OR USE THIS INFORMATION FOR MARKETING OR ANY OTHER SNEAKY REASONS.
By uploading your aquascape to Aquascape Awards you are participating in the monthly contest. Every month 3 winners are picked based on the likes a work receives. Everybody can like an aquascape once. If there is a tied in any of the 3 winner places, we will compare the total views for that work. The scape with the most views will in that case win. If, in the rare case, we have a tied in the views, Aquascape Awards will choose a winner based on the quality of the works.
- Your Aquascape Awards entry is User Generated Content and subject to all provisions of these terms that govern your submission and our use of your User Generated Content.
- Aquascape Awards (hereinafter referred to as ‘WE’), may disqualify entries that are late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid.
- Aquascape Awards entries are limited to one per person and entries via agents or third parties or the use of multiple identities are not permitted.
- Use of automated entries, votes or other programs is prohibited and all such entries (or votes) will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate a competition/ the Aquascape Awards Contest or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant or entry at any time without giving advance notice.
- We will do so if it cannot be guaranteed the competition can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons, or if we suspect that any person has manipulated entries or results, provided false information, or acted unethically.
- If we cancel or terminate a competition, prizes may be awarded in any manner we deem fair and appropriate consistent with local laws governing the competition.
- To enter a competition, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- No purchase of products is necessary to enter a competition and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
- We reserve the right to request proof of identity or to verify eligibilityconditions and potential winning entries, and to award any prize to a winner in person. Competitions are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Potential winners who are residents in jurisdictions where competitions require an element of skill may be required to answer a mathematical test in order to be eligible to win a prize.
- No cash or alternative prizes are available, except that we (or the party providing a prize) reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- Prizes cannot be transferred (except immediate family member) or sold by winners. Only the number of prizes stated for the competition is available to be won and all prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by the date provided in connection with the competition, after which no alternate winners will be selected or unclaimed prizes awarded.
- Unless otherwise disclosed in the prize description prior to entry, winners are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with claiming a prize.
- All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner, although we reserve the right to withhold applicable taxes and each winner agrees to complete any required tax forms.
- Your acceptance of a prize constitutes agreement to participate in reasonable publicity related to the competition and grants us an unconditional right to us to use your name, town or city and state, province or country, likeness, prize information and statements by you about the competition for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes and to comply with applicable law and regulations, all without additional permission or compensation.
- As a condition of receiving a prize, winners (or their parents or guardians) may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release.
- The Aquascape Awards Contest and the prizes are subject to force majeure events.
- The Aquascape Awards Contest and the prizes are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or kind and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers or packages, unless otherwise indicated.
- The tax liability, duties, levies by whatever name called in connection with the Offers shall be borne by the Customer/s.
- We shall not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for any deficiency or inadequacy of service rendered by or through the prizes received by you and for any loss of whatsoever nature suffered by you.
- Customer/s is/are not bound in any manner to participate in these The Aquascape Awards Contest and the prizes. Any participation by the Customer/s shall be voluntary.
- We will use best efforts to ensure that the The Aquascape Awards Contest and the prizes and any other offers are provided as described, but the Customer/s shall not make any claim or seek compensation against Aquascape Awards, even in the event that The Aquascape Awards Contest and the prizes or the offers are not provided or provided as described.
- Each benefit/privilege under these Offers may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the service provider of the prizes. Customer/s is/are solely responsible for checking and complying with such terms and conditions in addition to those stated in these terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions of this competition are subject to change without any prior notice.